A few words about your
Head Holiday and Live Cinema Ltd takes your privacy seriously and is committed to protecting your Personal Data.
This privacy notice tells you how we deal with your Personal Data, your privacy, and other various rights you have when you supply information to us either through our website or otherwise.
Important information and who we are
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice gives you information on how Head Holiday and Live Cinema Ltd collects and processes your Personal Data, including any data you may provide through our website or otherwise. Head Holiday is owned and operated by Live Cinema Ltd, and this privacy notice applies to how Live Cinema Ltd uses data provided by your for use of Head Holiday.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any amended notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing Personal Data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. Please note that we may amend this notice at any time.
Head Holiday and Live Cinema Ltd (referred to in this policy as either “Head Holiday”, "LCUK", "we", "us" or "our") is the data controller. That means that we determine the purposes for which, and the way in which, your Personal Data is processed. We are also responsible for looking after your Personal Data in accordance with all relevant legislation and you should contact us if you have any questions or concerns about your Personal Data. Lisa Brook, our Director, is our lead contact for data processing questions.
Changes to this notice and your obligation to inform us of changes
The data protection law in the UK changed on 25 May 2018. Although this privacy notice sets out most of your rights under the new laws, we may not yet be able to respond to some of your requests (for example, a request for the transfer of your Personal Data) straight away as we are still working towards getting our systems ready for some of these changes.
It is important that the Personal Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please do let us know if your Personal Data changes.
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. Please do ensure you are familiar with any privacy notice or policy of any website you visit.
The data we may collect about you
Personal Data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, user name or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, matriculation date and college, gender, and payment details (including a bank sort code, account number, debit or credit card number and any card security code).
- Contact Data includes address, email address, and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices which you may use to access our website.
- Profile Data includes any username and password, feedback and survey responses.
- Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving information from us and your communication preferences.
On occasions, we may receive Special Categories of Personal Data which relate to you such as:
- Race or ethnic origin;
- Religious or philosophical beliefs; or
- Health (including data relating to dietary requirements, allergies, and any disability or impairment).
How is your Personal Data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity and Contact Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes Personal Data you provide when you:
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our newsletter via Mailchimp
- request information to be sent to you;
- reply to a survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website and app, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this Personal Data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
- Third party sources. We may receive Personal Data about you from the third parties which are identified below.
- Personal Data in the public domain. We may obtain Personal Data which is in the public domain or available from publicly accessible sources, including websites and social media and networking websites.
Why we will process your Personal Data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your Personal Data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where we consider that we have such an interest.
Note that we may process your Personal Data on more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your Personal Data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below:
Purpose/activity Type of data Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
Initiating contact in relation to any service or update which is reasonably likely to be of interest to Head Holiday users. This includes, but is not limited to, app updates and new content added to the platform. (a) Identity Data
(b) Contact Data Necessary for our Legitimate Interests (to keep our records updated and to maintain and manage our relationship with Head Holiday users).
To register you to receive our latest news via Mailchimp (a) Identity Data